Office 365 Announcement to Students
Attention All students
October 4, 2013
If you are experiencing difficutly accessing your email:
- Clear your web browser’s history, cookies, etc. then close it and open a new browser window.
- Ensure you are using the correct link to your student email. The link on the STLCC site should take you to https://www.outlook.com/my.stlcc.edu. Don’t use any old saved linked on your computer or browsers.
- For your username, enter your full student email address which should end in @my.stlcc.edu (example: email@example.com)
- Enter the same password you used before the student email system upgrade. Unless you changed it directly on a Microsoft web site, it should be the same password you use to access Blackboard, Self-Service Banner, etc. You can validate your account’s password for STLCC systems by using the MySTLCC ID Help Wizard.
- If the password is valid but Office 365 does not accept it, perhaps the passwords have gotten out of sync. Try changing or resetting the password through the links available at the My STLCC ID web page.
Wait 15-20 minutes after choosing a new password through the STLCC web site for password changes and resets, then try accessing your email again.
If none of the steps above resolve your issue, visit the nearest Campus Life office for assistance.
If you don't know your password and can't reset it yourself, visit the Admissions office.
September 23, 2013
The my.stlcc.edu student email accounts have been successfully transitioned to Office 365. You can log in to your email with the same address as before but you will see a new login page with the Office 385 logo.
If you are using a mobile device to check your email and it is not working, we have a web page that will walk you through setting up your device and finding the server addresses for your mailbox. To see these instructions, please visit the Student email support website.
From now on, your SkyDrive account and files will no longer be available inside of your email. You may continue to use your SkyDrive for sharing files and Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents, but you will access them from https://skydrive.live.com using your Personal Microsoft Account.
With the completion of this upgrade, we are now done with the first phase of Office 365 upgrade. The second phase is scheduled for end of December.
September 19, 2013
The upgrade of your student email began on Friday, Sept. 20 starting at 1 p.m. We expect the upgrade to Office 365 to be completed by Sept. 23. All my.stlcc.edu email users will be transitioned to the Office 365. A notification will be sent to all as soon as the upgrade is completed. This upgrade is only affecting my.stlcc.edu student email.
During the upgrade, the students' email system will be available:
Your email address will not change and remain the same after the email upgrade.
You will be able to log in to webmail and send or receive mail on computers or mobile devices.
You will have full access to email and SkyDrive with minimal interruptions.
You will continue to use the same my.stlcc.edu student email ID and password to log in to the new Office 365 and SkyDrive.
Please refrain from changing your MySTLCC ID password during the upgrade because password sync to the Microsoft email system will be offline and will be enabled once the upgrade is completed.
If you change your MySTLCC ID password during the upgrade and you can't log in to your email afterward, you will have to change your password again.
September 12, 2013
The college is transitioning from Outlook Live to Office 365 as a provider for the my.stlcc.edu student e-mail. This means that you will see a different look for your email login page. The upgrade will begin on Sept. 20 and we expect your account to be upgraded by Sept.23.
After the upgrade you will have two separate accounts with the same user name and password: one to access your Office 365 mailbox and one to access your SkyDrive.
Office 365 Account to access your my.stlcc.edu email which is managed by the STLCC technology department.
Personal Microsoft Account to access to all your existing SkyDrive content and Office Web Apps. which is no longer managed by STLCC. As a result, even though the user ID looks the same as your email address, we CANNOT reset the password for you, and changing or resetting the MySTLCC ID password yourself will have NO effect on this account.
Access to Skydrive is separating from your email
After the upgrade to Office 365, your SkyDrive account and files will no longer be available inside of https://www.outlook.com/my.stlcc.edu. You will use your my.stlcc.edu email address and your password (whatever it was before the upgrade) to access your files.
You may continue to use your SkyDrive for sharing files and Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents, but you will access them from https://skydrive.live.com using your Personal Microsoft Account. Back up your files to an external device. Microsoft makes it easy to sync your files to your Windows 7, Windows 8 or Mac OS X computer with the SkyDrive app.
Getting Ready for Office 365 Upgrade
To get ready and ensure continuous access to your files and to your SkyDrive, we recommend that you:
Add an alternate email address to your account before Sept. 19.
Back up your files to an external device before Sept. 19.
To make it easy to reset your own Microsoft account password, add an alternate email address (for example Google, Yahoo, AOL, etc.) to your Live@edu account now. You can set up the alternative address by following the steps below:
Login to your SkyDrive.
Tap or click on the account name or picture of yourself on the upper right corner.
Tap or click on Account Settings.
Tap or click on Edit security info from the right side.
If you don't have an existng email address configured, enter an alternative email address or a phone number. Under Alternate email address, tap or click Add.
Enter the email address, and then tap or click Next.
Check your alternate email for the verification code, enter it, and then tap or click Next.
The email address you added appears in your account security info.
September 5, 2013
To all STLCC students:
On September 20, your email account with STLCC will move to the new Office 365 system. This will have several benefits to both you and the ollege. It is important that you read and understand this message so that you will continue to have access to your email and SkyDrive without interruption.
Your email address and password will NOT change, but you will get a larger mailbox.
Before the upgrade, here is what you need to do:
- If you are using Internet Explorer 6, upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer. We suggest you upgrade to IE 9 or higher if your system will run it. You can check your computer’s operating system and browser to make sure they are up to date
- If you are using Outlook 2003 to access email, upgrade your Outlook. To use full Outlook for the PC, you must be using Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013.
- If you are using Outlook 2002 or Outlook 2004 for the Mac, upgrade your Outlook. To use full Outlook for the Mac, you must be using Outlook 2008 or 2011.
A few things will not change:
- Your email address will not change
- The webmail login will not change
A few things will change:
- Your email quota will increase from 10GB to 25GB
- Access via mobile devices or POP/IMAP application will need reconfiguration. Setup instructions will be provided soon.
- You will have two accounts
- Office 365 Account - STLCC account to access to your email.
- Personal Microsoft Account: Personal account to access your existing SkyDrive content, Skype, and other Microsoft services. Note that STLCC no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you, and changing or resetting the MySTLCC ID password yourself will have no effect on this Microsoft account.
- If you currently use SkyDrive, bookmark this URL for future access: https://skydrive.live.com/
- STLCC Password change site will not work for the Microsoft account.
To make it easy to reset your Microsoft account password, add an alternate email address (for example Google, Yahoo, AOL, etc.) to your Live@edu account now. For information about how to add an alternate email address, see Why do I need to add security info?