First-time College Students
Now is your moment. Beginning your education with STLCC means individual attention, access to nearly 80 unique programs and a world of possibilities after graduation - all without building a mountain of debt.
Do you have your high school diploma or GED, but have never taken a college class?
If this your first-time attending college since completing high school or earning
a GED, and you want to earn a certificate or degree from STLCC, or transfer to a 4-year
university, then you’re a first-time college student.
Here are 10 simple steps to register as a first-time student:
- Apply Now Your first step is to apply by completing the "first-time college" application to become a degree-seeking student. (Tip: if you're not interested in earning a certificate or degree from STLCC, apply as non-degree-seeking selected courses.)
- Get connected - Activate your MySTLCC username and email by entering your student A number, last name and date of birth.
- Submit your transcript - If you want to earn a degree or certificate at STLCC, you need to submit your final, official high school transcript. You can do this through one of our secure, approved online vendors, or by asking your high school to mail your transcript directly to STLCC-Registrar's office.
- Apply for financial aid - Complete your FAFSA if you haven’t already done so using school code 002469. Then complete and file all financial aid documentation to STLCC for processing.
- Take a placement test - Find your fit with our placement tests. If you don’t have an ACT or SAT score, or if your score doesn’t meet our criteria, you can determine your course placement eligibility through testing at our Assessment Centers.
- Attend a registration workshop - First-time college students must attend a New Student Registration Workshop to complete the enrollment process. During the workshop, you’ll meet with an academic advisor to plan your schedule and learn how to register for classes.
- Register for classes - Once you’ve planned your semester, use your MySTLCC ID username and password to log on to Banner Self-Service to register for your classes.
- Apply for scholarships - Looking for additional funds to go toward your tuition? After you’ve registered for classes, take time to explore our wide variety of scholarships.
- Pay for your classes - After you’ve registered, you can pay for your classes in full by cash, check or credit card at the Cashier’s office on campus or online through Banner Self-Service. You are also able to spread out your maintenance fees over a period of time through a payment plan.
- Get ready for the semester! - Now that you’re officially enrolled, prepare for the semester. Pick up your STLCC OneCard, parking pass and Metro U-Pass, buy your books and register for Archer Orientation so you can rock your first semester at STLCC.
Contact Admissions and Enrollment Services
Admissions and Enrollment Services offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m.-7 p.m and Friday from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on all campuses.
3400 Pershall Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63135
Student Center, SC-100
5600 Oakland Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
4115 Meramec Bottom Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63129