No matter where you’re coming from, we want to help you get where you’re going. That’s why we partner with the U.S. Department of Education to provide services for students from all backgrounds.
What is TRIO?
TRIO is a group of federal programs that help overcome barriers to higher education. These programs may be right for you if you are a:
- First generation college student
- Member of a low-income family
- Person with a disability
At STLCC, you can participate in two programs: Student Support Service and Upward Bound.
Student Support Services
Stay engaged and finish your degree with Student Support Services. As a part of the program, we’ll help you build confidence and persistence through:
- Tutoring: Receive private tutoring or preference when scheduling a session at our tutoring centers for free.
- Additional grant and aid assistance: Let us make college even more affordable by helping you find and apply for aid, grants and scholarships.
- Career exploration: Let us help you explore your potential by connecting you to career resources.
- Personal assistance: This service guides you through the stressful parts of college with advice in time and money management, stress reduction, conflict resolution, leadership skills and teamwork development.
- Academic assistance: We’re here to help you master the art of being a student. We can help you improve your note taking, test preparation and exam skills.
- Transfer planning: This is just your beginning. Come meet with an adviser for help planning your next step and creating a seamless transition to a four-year university.
How to apply?
Does this sound like a program you would benefit from? It’s easy to see if you qualify, and we’ll help you through the process.
Even if you don’t meet the federal requirements, our team will help you find assistance that works for your individual situation.
Visit our TRIO directors on campus and you won’t leave empty handed:
The Florissant Valley TRIO is located in SC-228
- 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on Friday.
For more information, call 314-513-4293.
Forest Park TRIO is located in G-311
- 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For more information, call 314-951-9482.
Meramec TRIO is located in AD 202
- During the academic year
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Friday
- Summer hours
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Monday through Thursday
For more information, call 314-984-7303.