Applying to the Respiratory Care Program
STLCC’s Respiratory Care program is a selective admission, college level program.
- Each year 25 students who meet the application requirements are accepted on a first come/first serve basis.
- The curriculum requires two full academic years and the intervening summer.
- Upon completion of the program, students will graduate with an Associate’s in Applied Science in Respiratory Care.
- Students are encouraged to take as many general education courses as possible prior to starting the first respiratory care courses that start in the fall semester.
Prior to application, students must meet with an academic advisor to help plan courses, clarify program requirements and review your academic history as it relates to this program.
Please see the advising checklist.
Applications for the program are accepted on a continuing basis. Students will be notified via email on the status of their application. If a student is accepted into the program for the next fall, he/she must secure the seat by replying to this email stating the intentions to start the program in the fall. Failure to respond to this email by the deadline given will result in removal from the list.
Applicants entering in the fall semester must attend a mandatory orientation session that will be held in June.
- Information about the orientation will be sent via the student’s my.stlcc.edu email.
- Once students complete the mandatory orientation, their curriculum will be changed in the admissions office and they will be allowed to register for fall respiratory care classes.
- Eligible applicants not admitted due to space availability will remain on the alternate list and will receive notification via their my.stlcc.edu email with a request to reply with their intentions to continue to be considered for admission to the program in the future. Failure to respond to this email by the deadline given will result in removal from the list.