Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Florissant Valley | Center for Workforce Innovation
STLCC offers North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) approved solar training courses from beginner to advanced levels.
Solar panel installer is the fastest-growing job in eight U.S. states, including Missouri.*
Average starting salaries in the St. Louis region is $35,000.
Participants in STLCC's Accelerated Solar PV Installation Tech training will gain fundamental knowledge to compete for solar entry-level installer positions.
Upon successful completion of this 8-week course, you will:
- Learn to calculate power potential and design Solar PV Systems for homes
- Install Solar PV systems (solar panels and inverters) on a mock roof
- Understand how Solar PV systems operate
- Be prepared to take the Solar PV Associate Exam through the National American Board of Certified Energy Professionals (NABCEP)
Registration has closed for this program. Classes start March 4 and April 29.
- 8-week course, M/W/F evenings (5-9 p.m.)
- Classes held at the Florissant Valley campus – Center For Workforce Innovation
- 10 seats available per cohort
- Free of charge to qualified students (see eligibility requirements, below)
- Includes instruction, books and Solar PV Associate NABCEP exam
- High School diploma or High School Equivalency (GED or HiSET)
- Minimum WorkKeys scores required
- Workplace Documents – 5
- Applied Mathematics – 5
- Graphic Literacy – 4
- Priority given to residents of the Promise Zone with driver's license
- Those who do not meet these eligibility requirements are invited to consider STLCC's NABCEP Solar Certified courses, which are offered each semester through STLCC Continuing Education.