CDL-A Professional Truck Driving
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Forest Park
The CDL-A Professional Truck Driving program is a 200 hour program which prepares the graduate to enter the commercial driving industry as an over-the-road truck driver.
Professional truck drivers are in high demand. Enjoy financial security with a career that takes you where you want to go.
STLCC’s comprehensive truck driving program helps prepare you for a well-paying career in commercial truck driving, one of the fastest growing opportunities in the United States today. Gain substantial knowledge and practical skills needed to become an entry-level over-the-road or local truck driver.
Our thorough curriculum exceeds the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Proposed Minimum Standards for Training Tractor Trailer Drivers, ensuring you receive training and behind-the-wheel experience employers value.
STLCC’s Truck Driving Program Delivers:
- 40 hours of classroom instruction emphasizing safety, FMCSR regulations, trip planning and more
- 160 hours of behind-the-wheel and important hands‑on learning: pre‑trip inspections, skilled backing maneuvers, road time on a variety of roadways
- Before going on the road, experience driving on a high-tech simulator in a safe environment
- 4:1 student-teacher ratio
- Highly respected training recognized by employers as thorough, individualized and effective
- Experience and credentials you can take to employers of your choice
— Kirk Pennington, graduate
Upcoming Class Start Dates:
Registering day classes now:
5 weeks, Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Next cohort starts June 17
- Must attend a free truck driving information session
- Register online or by calling 314-984-7777
- Information sessions are held
- 9:30 a.m. on the 1st, 3rd and 4th Thursday of each month
- 5 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of each month
- Valid driver’s license (Missouri or Illinois)
- Minimum of two years of recent, good driving history
- High school graduate or equivalent and at least 21 years old
- Obtain a Commercial Learner’s Permit for CDL-A
- Complete online application
- Pass DOT physical and drug test within two weeks prior to class start date
- WorkKeys assessment scores of
- Workplace Documents - 4
- Applied Math - 3
- Graphic Literacy - 3
During the free truck driving information session, you will be provided with details regarding the training program options, as well as the following:
- How to study for and obtain the appropriate commercial learner’s permit prior to class, and what should be included (general knowledge, combination and air brakes, plus the recommended endorsements)
- Where to obtain a recent driving record for review and approval by the Career Pathway coach
- Where to take a WorkKeys Assessment
- When to take your DOT physical and drug test (forms and directions will be provided upon paid registration)
- Funding opportunities to explore, such as Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds available through Career Centers for eligible participants, SkillUp funding for eligible SNAP recipients, apprenticeship program with select employers, and more
Please call 314-984-7777 to register for a free information session and complete the online application. Completing the application is not considered a course registration.
Still have questions? Contact Bahi Talundzic, Career Pathway coach, at 314-644-9786 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition: $5,000 | Need-based WIOA and SkillUP funding may be available.
Drug test and DOT physical: $150
CDL Resource Links
Want to stay in-the-know as new cohorts become available?
Text STLCCaccelerated to 22828 and provide your email address. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive an emailed list of upcoming accelerated training programs. Easily unsubscribe at any time. Text message and data rates may apply.