You served your country with dignity, honor and courage. Now let us serve you. We want to help you make the most of your hard-earned benefits at STLCC.
The end of your service means the beginning of something new. Why not make the most of your benefits by expanding your mind and beginning a new career in civilian life.
Visit the VA website to learn more about the benefits you could be receiving and apply
How to apply
Follow these steps to enroll at STLCC:
- Apply - Your first step is to apply to STLCC by completing the application that best describes you. If you’re planning to use your VA benefits, you’ll need to apply as a degree-seeking student.
- Get connected - Activate your MySTLCC username and email by entering your student number, last name and date of birth.
- Login to Navigate - use your MySTLCC username and password to login. Navigate will keep you updated on important deadlines, events and activities.
- Submit your transcripts - If you’re looking to complete a degree or apply for financial aid, you need to submit a final, official transcript for high school and any prior college attended. You can do this through our secure, approved online vendors or by requesting your prior institutions mail final, official transcripts directly to STLCC-Registrar's office.
- Apply for financial aid - Complete your FAFSA if you haven’t already done so using school code 002469. Then complete and file all financial aid documentation to STLCC for processing.
- Take a placement test - Find your fit with our placement tests. If you don’t have an ACT/SAT score or it doesn’t meet our criteria, you can determine your placement through test at our Assessment Centers.
- Attend a registration workshop or meet with an academic advisor - First-time college students must attend a New Student Registration Workshop and meet with an academic advisor. Even if you aren’t new to college, meeting with an academic advisor can help you determine the best path to your goals.
Prepare VA Benefits
- Apply for benefits VONAPP - Once you’ve select STLCC as your college, you can begin applying for benefits. Complete the application to receive your Certificate of Eligibility.
- Submit your Veteran’s Benchmark - Visit your campus School Certifying Officer to get a Veteran’s Benchmark form and a copy of your schedule. Take this form to the advising department to make sure all the classes you enrolled in qualify for your benefit and then return it to your representative to be certified. If you make any changes to your schedule, you must alert your VA representative or you may end up with additional cost of classes dropped.
- Register for classes - Once you’ve planned your semester, use your MySTLCC ID username and password to log on to Banner Self-Service to register for your classes.
Prepare for the Semester
- Apply for scholarships - Looking for even more dollar signs to go toward your tuition? After you’ve registered for classes, take time to explore our wide variety of scholarships.
- Pay for your classes - You’re ultimately responsible for covering the cost of your classes. If your benefits don’t cover the entire cost of classes, you can pay the remainder by cash, check or credit card at the Cashier’s office on campus or online (payment plans) through Banner Self-Service. Be aware of how your program handles payment.
- Get ready for the semester! - Now that you’re officially enrolled, prepare for the semester by buying your books, getting your STLCC OneCard, parking pass and Metro U-Pass. Be sure to visit the Veteran’s center on your campus to learn about what they have to offer and establish your network of support.
Additional resources for veterans
My Next Move for Vets
Find your next adventure by exploring industries and finding careers similar to your military job.
The Mission Continues
Continue serving even after you’ve come home. Learn how you can get involved in your community with the Mission Continues.
Missouri Veterans Endeavor
If you need help getting on your feet, the Missouri Veterans Endeavor can help.
Contact Veterans Affairs
We want to help you transition smoothly from boots to books. If you have questions about STLCC or using your benefits here, reach out to the Veterans School Certifying Official or visit the Veterans Resource Center on your campus.
Forest Park & William J. Harrison Education Center
Meramec & South County
Tracy Carpenter Bond
Campus Veterans Resource Center Locations
VRC Florissant Valley: SC238
VRC Forest Park F230
VRC Meramec SC196