You’re set for your next step, so take it. Why wait for the challenge and excitement of being a college student? Enroll in real college courses while taking high school classes with Dual Enrollment.
Make your goals a reality
You’re ready for college, we get it. While we can’t make graduation day come sooner, we can help you escape the halls of your high school and get onto a college campus.
Attend college before graduation with Dual Enrollment
Dual Enrollment lets you take college classes before you graduate high school. You’re just like any other STLCC student, so you apply and enroll through the college. Keep in mind you’ll have to balance both schedules and getting to and from your college and high school classes.
Why Dual Enrollment?
Get a jump-start on your degree.
In your senior year, you can earn 12-15 credits through dual enrollment alone. Meaning you’ll arrive at your four-year university with a semester's worth of credits already under your belt.
Save money today. Save for tomorrow.
Dual enrollment students pay one sixth of the price for classes you’d be taking at a four-year university. This means you can potentially save thousands of dollars when you transfer just one semester of STLCC credit.
Experience the freedom of college.
Create your own schedule with dual enrollment. Take the classes that interest you at the times that work for you, and enjoy the freedom of a college campus.
Start your college career with confidence.
While honors and college prep are great ways to get a taste of college, nothing beats the real thing. Mixing in college courses to your high school experience is a great way to build the skills to succeed.
Start here. Go anywhere.
When you choose STLCC, you choose credits that are designed to transfer. No matter when you transfer, you can trust the work you’ve put in will count toward your future.
Who can apply?
To begin dual enrollment, you have to show the maturity and responsibility to handle college courses. That’s why, we look for high school seniors and juniors with a 2.0 GPA or higher.
To enroll, you need written permission from a school administrator and a parent or guardian.
Cost of Dual Enrollment
If you’re taking classes through dual enrollment, you only pay half the normal cost per credit hour. Costs shown reflect rates for the Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 terms. Rates below include a $6.50 activity fee and $11.00 technology fee per credit hour.
|Dual Enrollment Rate|
Applying to STLCC
Follow these nine steps to get set up for your first semester as a Dual Enrollment student:
- Apply - Your first step is to apply to STLCC by completing the “Dual Enrollment” application.
- Get connected - Activate your MySTLCC username and email by entering your student number, last name and date of birth.
- Submit a Dual Enrollment Authorization form - Before you can begin classes, you must submit a Dual Enrollment Authorization form to STLCC-Registrar's office.
- Send in your ACT scores or take a placement test - If you’ve take your ACT, request that a copy of your scores is sent to STLCC-Registrar's office. If you don’t have an ACT/SAT score or it doesn’t meet our criteria, you can determine your best fit through tests at our Assessment Centers.
- Submit your transcript - To enroll as a high school student, you will need to submit a transcript to STLCC-Registrar's office.
- Talk with an academic advisor - When just starting college, it’s a good idea to meet with an academic advisor to discuss goals and create a plan to get you there.
- Register for classes - Once you’ve planned your semester, use your MySTLCC ID username and password to log in to Banner Self-Service to register for your classes.
- Pay for your classes - After you’ve registered, you can pay for your classes in full by cash, check or credit card at the Cashier’s office on campus or online through Banner Self-Service.
- Get ready to be a college student! - Now that you’re officially a college student, you’ll experience the added responsibility of buying your own books, getting your STLCC OneCard and planning to how to get to campus, including registering for a U-Pass if necessary.
Contact Admissions and Enrollment Services
Admissions and Enrollment Services offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m.-7 p.m and Friday from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on all campuses.
3400 Pershall Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63135