Emergency preparedness is important. Even if you register with the Access Office, there is no way for us to know where you are at all times. That’s why we highly encourage all staff, faculty and students to have general awareness of their surroundings and follow recommendations for handling an emergency.
For each new semester or new situation, please consider how you would prepare for an emergency, including:
- Receiving campus alerts to give yourself the most time to respond to emergencies
- Ensuring you have cell phone service and programming campus police numbers into your phone
- Knowing where accessible and safe exits exist
- Finding a specific person who can provide help during an emergency
- Devising two plans, one for when you have help available, and one for when you are on your own