Every year St. Louis Community College offers variety of study abroad opportunities. These programs are led by STLCC faculty and staff. Participating students receive credit and gain international experience and knowledge that only exploring other cultures and countries can offer. See our complete list of programs to find out which program best suits you.
Students need a valid passport to participate. Most countries require the passport to be valid at least six months beyond the dates of the trip. Visit the U.S. passport website for more information on US passports.
Registration and payment schedules for study abroad are significantly different from deadlines for campus-based courses due to travel arrangements and deadlines imposed by vendors. Please plan ahead!
Experience the world through educational and intercultural programs offered by St. Louis Community College. Students and community members can study abroad and earn academic credit as they prepare for success in a global economy.
Study Abroad Programs
|China||Feb – May 2019||Semester abroad - general|
|Italy||Mar 16-24, 2019||Italian language and culture|
|Cuba||Mar 16-23, 2019||Education and culture|
|Japan||May 24 – Jun 2, 2019||Arts and education|
|England and France||May 28 - June 9, 2019||History and culture|
|Barbados||May 28 – June 8, 2019||Education and culture|
|Scotland||Jun – Jul, 2019||Summer semester – general|
|Ghana||Jul 31 – Aug 14, 2019||Human services and service learning|
|Canterbury, England||Sept. - Dec. 2018||Semester abroad - general|
*Program dates may vary slightly
- Cost of the short-term programs (7-30 days) usually ranges from $2,000-$5,000 per person
- Semester abroad program ranges from $6000-$10,000 plus air ticket depending on destination
- Tuition is in addition to the program's cost
- Early deposits are required. Non-refundable restrictions and cancellation penalties apply
- Programs require 12 or more participants
- Financial aid and other scholarships may apply. Students should check with the Financial Aid office to determine if they qualify for financial aid.
Other Study Abroad Opportunities
Other study abroad and scholarship opportunities are available such as Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange, Boren, Gilman, etc.
Detailed information about the study abroad programs and other international programs can be obtained by contacting:
International Programs Coordinator