ACE Personal Trainer Certification Prep
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Continuing Education
@ Forest Park | Meramec
Become a certified personal trainer! Designed to provide the knowledge and understanding necessary to prepare for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification Exam and become an effective personal trainer, this course presents the ACE Integrated Fitness Training (ACE IFT®) Model as a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each client’s unique health, fitness and goals.
Registration for spring 2019 Continuing Education classes opens on Jan. 7. Ageless Learning Seminar registration opens Jan. 22. Call 314-984-7777 to register for spring classes by phone, or click the button above to register and pay online.
ACE Personal Trainer Certification Prep Course
Ready for a career change? Become a certified personal trainer! Fee includes cost of exam, textbook, study guide, and sample test. Additional fee to retake exam. Voucher for exam must be used within six months of date received.
PEDU:753 | 10 sessions | $552 Age 60+ | $695 Regular
Need-based funding assistance may be available through WIOA and SkillUp. Please inquire.
P01 | M 5:30-8:30 p.m. | Melissa Baumgartner | Feb. 4-April 22 | MC-SS, 108
• NOTE: No class 2/18, 3/18.
P02 | F 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Melissa Baumgartner | Feb. 8-April 19 | FP-G, 323
• NOTE: No class 3/22.
Designed to give you the knowledge and understanding necessary to prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam and become an effective personal trainer, this course presents the ACE Integrated Fitness Training (ACE IFT) Model as a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each client's unique health, fitness, and goals. The information covered and the ACE IFT Model will help you learn how to facilitate rapport, adherence, self-efficacy and behavior change in clients, as well as design programs that help clients to improve posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardiorespiratory fitness, and muscular endurance and strength.
Key topic areas covered include:
- Human anatomy, exercise physiology, applied kinesiology and nutrition
- Principles of adherence, motivation, behavior change and health psychology
- Communication and teaching techniques
- The ACE integrated fitness training model
- Building rapport
- Health and exercise history information assessment
- Functional training: assessments, programming and progressions for posture, movement, core, balance and flexibility
- Physiological assessments
- Resistance training: programming and progressions
- Cardiorespiratory training: programming and progressions
- Professional and legal responsibilities, scope of practice and business strategies for personal trainers
- Special exercise programming topics: mind-body exercise, special populations and exercise implications of common musculoskeletal injuries
Due to the specialized nature of this class, NO REFUNDS will be issued one week prior tot he class start date. Students must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma/GED and hold a CPR/AED certification before taking the exam. Background check may be required for certification. Please review the ACE Certification Candidate Handbook for more information on eligibility. Registration/withdrawal deadline: Jan. 23. No refunds after that date.
NOTE: Students can register online or in person. Incorrectly listed in catalog as in-person registration only.