Financial Aid Disbursement
Financial Aid recipients should receive refunds during the fifth week of the semester. This allows the Financial Aid Office time to verify the number of credit hours you are taking and the Student Accounts Department to process all bookstore credits. Financial aid eligibility will be paid based on the actual number of fundable credit hours students are registered in at the end of the third full week of fall and/or spring semesters. Students enrolled in courses that begin later in the semester will not be paid until after those classes begin and attendance has been verified.
When Will I Get My Money?
If you submitted your financial aid application and all supporting documents to the Financial Aid office prior to the deadline for the semester:
- You should receive a financial aid award notification before your classes start.
- You may be eligible for up to $600 through an STLCC Book Account.
- Book accounts funds for the spring semester will be available on eligible student accounts beginning Jan. 2, 2018 and are available for use through Feb. 9, 2018.
- Check Banner Self-Service to determine if you are eligible.
- You can use the funds to buy books and supplies for your classes.
- STLCC will request Federal Pell and Direct Loan funds from the Department of Education.
- After your enrollment and attendance/participation in class is confirmed, eligible funds will be placed in your student account.
- Any tuition and fees, and utilized book account funds you owe will be deducted from your award.
- Your student account will be checked for holds - for example, you may have an outstanding balance from a previous semester.
- You will receive any remaining funds eligible for release as a credit on your STLCC OneCard by the end of the fifth week of the semester. (For late start classes, financial aid will be processed during the third week of October.)
If you applied for financial aid and submitted supporting documentation after the deadline for the semester:
- Your aid will be processed as soon as possible, but there may be delays.
- Plan to make payment in full by the first day of each semester or enroll in an e-cashier payment plan.
- If you are eligible, you will receive a financial aid award notification, but it may be after classes have begun.