Within this section
- Student Handbook (1.73 MB PDF)
- Access Services Brochure
- Application for Access Office disAbility Support Services
Information for Students
The Access office at each campus can assist students in obtaining the following services:
- Individual advising and academic counseling
- Classroom accommodations
- Support personnel (interpreters, readers, writers and notetakers)
- Assistive technology
- Alternate format
- Referrals to and liaison with campus and community resources
- Referrals for LD/ADHD diagnosis
- Advocacy, study skills and consumer training
To qualify for services, students must self-identify to the Access office and provide documentation of their disability. A student may submit this application at any time during the semester; however, the college recommends submitting the application at least six weeks prior to the beginning of the semester of attendance in order to ensure that any and all reasonable accommodations shall be available on the first day of class.
Approved accommodations are based on the documentation received by the Access office. Students who need classroom accommodations must register each semester with the Access office. Instructor Notification Memos, which describe the student's needed classroom accommodations, will be developed with the student's written permission. It is the student's responsibility to pick up and deliver the instructor memos. All accommodations should be discussed with each instructor.