Assistive Technology Hardware
Table of Contents
Text and Images from Slide
- UbiDuo (Deaf Communication Device)
- Interpretype (Deaf Communication Device)
- 1 Monitor, 2 Keyboards and a Text Editor
- This setup acts as a low-cost UbiDuo-type device for Deaf communication. Most computers already have a monitor and one keyboard, as well as some type of text editing software (i.e. Notepad, WordPad, Microsoft Word, etc.). The only other thing you might need to buy would be another keyboard. Make sure both keyboards are plugged into USB ports, open your favorite text editor and then 2 people can type into the same document and carry on a conversation in text form, looking at the same monitor. You can then save and print the document if you wish. Works very well if you don't know how to sign and need to communicate with a Deaf person.
- ***YOU CAN ALSO SHARE 1 WIRELESS KEYBOARD AS AN ALTERNATIVE.