Text Only Skip to content
Skip header navigation.
Skip sub-section linksSTLCC Home » Enroll Now » Prepare for the Semester » U-Pass

Within this section


All credit-seeking students at St. Louis Community College are eligible for a U-Pass to ride the MetroBus and MetroLink. The U-Pass, or "Universal Pass," is valid throughout the semester. STLCC is partnering with Bi-State Development Agency to provide this service, making it easier for students to get to class.

U-PASS benefits

Unlimited use of MetroBus and MetroLink, issued every semester, starting the first day of classes.

Who can use it?

You must be a currently enrolled credit student, taking at least one credit hour to be eligible for U-Pass.

Does it cost anything?

U-Pass is paid through your college activity fee and is available at no extra cost.

Are there age restrictions?

No, all credit students qualify for a U-Pass.

Where do I get it?

U-Passes will be issued from the campus Cashier’s office, starting the first day of the semester. You must have a valid STLCC ID to get your U-Pass.

What if I lose it?

DO NOT LOSE YOUR U-Pass. Only one U-Pass will be issued per student per semester; there are no replacements for a lost pass.

Do I need my student ID to ride?

Yes, you must show a valid STLCC Student ID with your U-Pass every time you ride. If you forget your student ID, you’ll pay full price for that ride, even if you have the U-Pass with you.

Can I share it with my family & friends?

No, U-Pass is nontransferable. Only the student may use the pass. Illegally used passes will be confiscated and returned to Campus Police. Improper use could result in fines from municipalities, criminal prosecution and/or college disciplinary action. DO NOT SHARE YOUR U-Pass.

Can I use it to ride MetroLink to a destination other than college locations?

Yes. You can use your U-Pass anytime, anywhere in the greater St. Louis area where MetroBus and MetroLink run, not just the campus locations. However, special bus routes, such as the Red Bird Express, are excluded from U-Pass.

Can faculty and staff get a U-PASS?

U-Pass is available to anyone who is enrolled in and has paid fees for a credit class.