Text Only Skip to content
Skip header navigation.
Skip sub-section linksSTLCC Home » Enroll Now » Enroll Now » Veterans Services » New Student Steps for Veterans

Within this section

New Student Steps for Veterans

Getting Started

1. Get Advised and Registered for Classes

2. Submit your Veteran's Benchmark Every Term

  • Stop by and speak with your campus' VA Representative to obtain your Veteran's Benchmark form and a copy of your schedule.
    • Take this Veteran's Benchmark form to the Advising Department to verify that the classes that you have enrolled in will go towards the completion of your degree.
    • Return this form to your campus' VA Representative. This will allow them to certify you for the term.
    • This must be done at the beginning of every term, prior to your certification being submitted to the VA.
    • If you change, drop, add, withdraw from any classes, you will have to complete this each time and must notify your campus' VA Representative every time that you change enrollment.

3. Payment of classes

The amount in which you owe depends on your VA Benefit chapter eligibility. You are responsible for payment of tuition and fees to prevent being dropped from your classes.

If your benefits do not cover 100% of your student bill, please review your payment options, and pay your fees by the payment deadline.

4. Prepare for Classes

Optional, But Highly Encouraged

  • If you have a disability, make a request through the Access office.
  • While completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is not required to receive VA benefits, completing it will allow you to search for financial assistance in addition to your VA benefits.
  • Explore your eligibility for financial aid funds. If you want to be considered for federal and state financial assistance, you will be required to complete the FAFSA. Remember to list St. Louis Community College School Code 002469 as your college.
  • Submit your civilian and military transcripts. You may receive credit for your military experience and previous college courses.