WHAT ARE LEAN TRANSFORMATIONS?
A Lean Transformation is a focused constantly occurring process that eliminates all types of waste.
HOW DOES A LEAN TRANSFORMATION HAPPEN?
Lean transformations happen when an organization does the following:
- Assesses the degree to which the organization is prepared for a transition to Lean. To do this, we recommend the use of our well-tested and highly successful Lean Deployment Survey/Stimulator.
- Optimizes the organization’s physical work spaces to prepare for the application of Lean tools. To do this, we recommend our widely used and very effective 5S Implementation System.
- Prepares an organization’s managers and supervisors to serve as very competent coaches in support of the transition to Lean. To develop this type of leadership cadre, we have used in a wide variety of industries with very positive results our Lean Leadership Certification Program.
- Carefully analyzes and improves the flow of work for the purpose of eliminating waste. Our Learning to See: Making Value Stream Mapping Deliver series of seminars will help make this happen.
- Systematically changes the organization’s culture making it congruent with Lean beliefs. Clients have found that our Lean Culture Change Symposia stimulates and focuses the organization making it a potent driver of change.
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF A LEAN TRANSFORMATION?
A true lean transformation occurs when an organization views lean as a complete change in beliefs, management practices and production processes. Lean often fails and when it does it is because the organization sees lean as a collection of tools rather than a transformation of beliefs, practices and processes.
WHAT OUTCOMES DO CLIENTS REPORT WHEN A LEAN TRANSFORMATION HAPPENS?
- Increased productivity by 49%.
- Reclaimed manufacturing space valued at over $850,000.
- Gained over 25,000 square feet of warehouse space.
- Saved more than 520,000 non-value added steps per year.
- Identified $250,000+ worth of unused equipment which was redistributed to other departments.
What are participants in our Lean Transformation training saying?
- “What a great set of experiences! This training really fueled my enthusiasm and gave a tremendous boost to my passion for improvement.”
- “The training was just great! I’d recommend it for all managers and supervisors. I learned a lot I can apply right now on the job.”
- “Great seminars. Really enjoyed your presentation of value-stream mapping.”
HOW DO WE PUT THESE LEAN RESOURCES TO WORK FOR OUR COMPANY?
Contact one of our Lean Transformation Team Leaders to start the conversation.