Text Only Skip to content
Skip header navigation.
Skip sub-section linksSTLCC Home » Workforce Solutions » Contract Training and Consulting » Customer Service

Within this section

Read Karin's Through the Customer's Eyes Customer Service Blog

Customer Service

Customer Service Excellent Rating GraphicWHAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE?

Phrases such as “we put the customer first” or “the customer is always right” adorn the walls and desks of organizations everywhere. However, there is more to customer service than hanging a poster or talking about it. The most successful businesses have learned that customer service is their business.

WHY INVEST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING?

Making the decision to take your team through customer service training puts you in good company. Customer service training will help your employees realize that service quality is created one customer and one encounter at a time, each and every time to the specification of that one customer. The real service mission of your company should not be to get the customer in the door but to make sure their experience brings them back. Giving your employees the knowledge, skill and ability to consistently deliver exemplary customer service is your organization’s key to long term survival and success.

WHAT TYPE OF POSITIVE IMPACT DOES CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING HAVE?

The inability or failure to deliver quality customer service costs organizations millions of dollars every day. The single most important aspect of a successful business is good customer service.

Customer service research confirms statistics such as the following:

  • If a company increases their customer retention by two percent, it is the equivalent of cutting their operating expenses by ten percent.
  • It costs five to seven times more to find new customers than to retain current customers.
  • “Totally satisfied” customers are six times more likely to repurchase a company’s products over a span of one to two years than merely satisfied customers are.
  • A typical business only hears from 4% of customers that are dissatisfied. The other 96% quietly go away. Of this 96%, 68% never reveal their dissatisfaction because they perceive an attitude of indifference in the owner, manager or employee.
  • It takes 12 positive service incidents to make up for one negative incident. Seven out of ten complaining customers will do business again if you resolve the complaint in their favor. If you resolve it on the spot, 95 percent will do business with you again.

HOW DO I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING?

Your first step in learning more about Corporate Services customer service solutions is to contact Don Robison at 314-539-5305.