Within this section
- Avionics (Aviation Electronics) Training
- Aviation Maintenance Technology Training
- Central Sterile Processing Technician
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Class A Commercial Truck Driving Program
- Class B Truck Driving Program
- Community Health Worker
- IT Help Desk/End-User Support
- Life Science Laboratory Assistant
- Logistics, Warehouse & Distribution Specialist
- Medical Assistant Training
- Patient Care Technician Training
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Phlebotomy Training
- Precision Machining Technology
- Truck Driving (CDL-A) Training
ACE Personal Trainer Certification
Continuing Education and the American Council on Exercise (ACE) have partnered to bring you Personal Trainer Certification Program throughout the year at STLCC campuses
This course is designed to give students the knowledge and understanding necessary to prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam and become effective personal trainers. This course presents the ACE Integrated Fitness Training™ (ACE IFT™) Model as a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each client's unique health, fitness, and goals. The information covered by this course and the ACE IFT Model will help students learn how to facilitate rapport, adherence, self-efficacy and behavior change in clients, as well as design programs that help clients to improve posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardiorespiratory fitness, and muscular endurance and strength.
Key topic areas covered include:
- Human anatomy, exercise physiology, applied kinesiology and nutrition
- Principles of adherence, motivation, behavior change and health psychology
- Communication and teaching techniques
- The ACE integrated fitness training model
- Building rapport
- Health and exercise history information assessment
- Functional training: assessments, programming and progressions for posture, movement, core, balance and flexibility
- Physiological assessments
- Resistance training: programming and progressions
- Cardiorespiratory training: programming and progressions
- Professional and legal responsibilities, scope of practice, and business strategies for personal trainers
- Special exercise programming topics: mind-body exercise, special populations, and exercise implications of common musculoskeletal injuries
Interested individuals must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency to enroll in this program and hold CPR/AED certification before taking the exam.
Cost & Program Schedule
The cost of the program is $695. Fee includes cost of exam, textbooks, study guide and sample test. Voucher for the exam must be used within six months of the course start date. Class is not eligible for Senior Scholarship. Dislocated workers and other qualified individuals may qualify for tuition support by utilizing Individual Training Accounts under WIA funding.
Due to the specialized nature of this class, no refunds are issued one week prior to the program start date. In case of an emergency, Continuing Education must be notified in writing within one week of a missed class. Makeup class may be arranged on an individualized basis by the program planner and ACE.
This program is offered for open enrollment.
Questions about the program can be directed to Continuing Education at 314-984-7777.