Within this section
- Aviation Maintenance Technology Training
- Central Sterile Processing Technician
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Class A Commercial Truck Driving Program
- Class B Truck Driving Program
- Community Health Worker
- IT Help Desk/End-User Support
- Life Science Laboratory Assistant
- Medical Assistant Training
- Patient Care Technician Training
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Phlebotomy Training
- Truck Driving (CDL-A) Training
Business Office Administrative Training (BOAT)
The next class group starts July 2017.
The BOAT Program is an accelerated, 10-week professional certificate program offering diverse adult-learners the practical skills necessary to compete in today’s global workforce. We provide high quality hands-on training ideal for individuals: re-entering the workforce, dislocated workers, career-changers, and those seeking to upgrade both technical and essential soft skills.
The MET Center is an authorized Certiport Testing Center. Therefore, qualified trainees have the opportunity to achieve industry recognized certification as a Microsoft Office Specialist in Word & Excel. These certifications offer you the tools to build a brighter future!
- Learn computing and soft skills companies are looking for
- Boost your workforce resume
- Gain valuable experience and confidence
- Enhance your professional development
- Learn your personal style and become an influential leader
After successful completion of the BOAT program, receive eight (8) STLCC college credit hours for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certifications that you earn in the program toward your completion of a Certificate of Specialization in Microcomputer Applications, or towards completion of your degree.
HS diploma/GED, typing speed at 30 wpm, WorkKeys and Microsoft office computer assessment.
Cost of Program
All instructional materials for this program will be provided through a variety of funding sources. There are no costs to qualified students.
This training program requires a full-time commitment of ten weeks from the participants. The hours of instruction are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For More Information
Download the program flyer (pdf).