Office 365 Upgrade
Office 365 is a bundle of services from Microsoft that includes many online tools. Microsoft released Office 365 and mandated that all Live@edu student email accounts would be transitioned to the new platform by Sept. 30, 2013.
All STLCC students and my.stlcc.edu email users will be transitioned to the Office 365 platform from Live@edu.
Office 365 upgrade is A two step process:
- Accounts upgrade to Office 365 platform and is scheduled to begin on Sept. 20 and anticipate to complete by Sept. 23. This platform upgrade enables additional email storage.
- Services upgrade to Office 365 services and will be scheduled for late December. This service upgrade enables additional online Microsoft services.
First PHASE September Upgrade
- September upgrade should be totally transparent to users
- Email will continue to be delivered during the upgrade.
- Students who have active account will continue to have access to their mailbox.
- Students can continue to send and receive email.
- Students may lose access up to one hour while the account is upgraded.
After the completion of September Office 365 upgrade, you will have two accounts:
- Office 365 Account - STLCC account to access to your email. It is associated with an active MySTLCC ID account.
- Personal Microsoft Account - Personal account to access your existing SkyDrive contents and other Microsoft services. Although the ID will be the same (firstname.lastname@example.org), it will no longer be linked to your school MySTLCC ID account. STLCC will no longer administer this account. As a result, STLCC cannot reset this personal Microsoft account password for you, and changing or resetting your school MySTLCC ID password will have no effect on this personal Microsoft account.
With the upgade to Office 365, SkyDrive will get seperated. After migration to Office 365, your SkyDrive account and files will no longer be available inside of your email account (https://www.outlook.com/my.stlcc.edu)
- SkyDrive and your files will still be accessible via https://www.skydrive.com
- You will use your STLCC email address and your password (what is was before the migration) to access your SkyDrive
- STLCC CAN NOT change the password for SkyDrive. You can try to reset the password from http://accounts.live.com if you have setup an alternative email address.
Second Phase December Upgrade
After the completion of transitioning of mail and calendaring to Office 365, we will have a second step process at the end of October 2014, where SharePoint will be made available to students. For basic information on these services follow these links:
After our December service upgrade is completed, we will have another step to process where Microsoft Lync will be made available to students. For basic information on these services follow these links: