- H20 Help
A customer assistance program created by Missouri American Water & Missouri's Community Action Agency to help provide supplemental funding to Missouri American Water customers who would otherwise have trouble paying their bills. Any Missouri American Water customer who is at risk of losing their water service may apply for H20 Help.
- St. Louis County residents should contact the Community Action Agency of St. Louis County at 314-863-0015
Gas & Electric
Back to TANF Resources
- Community Action Agency of St. Louis County, Inc.: 314-863-0015
Provides Energy Assistance and operates the government funded LIHEAP program for St. Louis County residents. Energy Assistance program begins November 1, 2010 (October 1 for elderly and/or disabled households) and runs through March 31, 2011, unless funds are depleted sooner. With the Energy Assistance application all sources of assistance will be explored by the agency including Energy Assistance, ECIP, Dollar More, and/or Dollar Help.
- Human Development Corporation of Metropolitan St. Louis:
Provides Community based assistance as well as operates the government funded LIHEAP program for St. Louis City and Wellston residents. Energy Assistance program begins November 1, 2008 (October 1 for elderly and/or disabled households) and runs through March 31, 2009, unless funds are depleted sooner. With the Energy Assistance application all sources of assistance will be explored by the agency including Energy Assistance, ECIP, Dollar More, and/or Dollar Help.For specific contact information click here - HDC Site List.
- Heat-Up St. Louis Resource Hotline: 314-241-7668
- Salvation Army: Main St. Louis Headquarters: 314-646-3000
The site you contact depends upon the zip code you live in. Check the Salvation Army Site List at the bottom of this page for information on the different sites.
- Urban League
- St. Louis County: 314-388-9840
- St. Louis City: 314-615-3600
Funds not always available, if no funds are available when you call ask when funds will be available.
- St. Patrick Center: 802-0700
Serves St. Louis City residents. May be able to assist up to the last $100 of the needed amount.
- Lutheran Family & Children Services: 314-787-5100
- New Life Evangelistic Center: 314-421-3020
No residency restrictions.
- Carver House: 314-769-9500
Serves 63106 & 63107
- Catholic Family Services: 314-241-5600
- Energy Care: 314-773-5900
Primarily works with elderly, homebound & seriously ill individuals.
- Cardinal Ritter Senior Services: 314-961-8000
Clients must be at least 60 years. May be city residents only.
- Mid East Area Agency on Aging: 1-800-243-6060 or 636-207-1323
Client must be 60+ years of age and live in St. Louis, Franklin, Jefferson, or St. Charles county.
- Isaiah 58 Ministries: 314-776-1410
May help with last $25-$50. Serves 63104, 63110, 63116, 63118.
- Great Things: 314-535-4673
Call to set up appointment for application. Located at 4673 Page Ave.
- Parishes Associated on Kinloch Team, Inc (PAKT): 314-524-2710
$50 maximum when funds are available. Also has a Food Pantry on Tuesday’s, by appointment. Serves area codes: 63114, 63121, 63130, 63132, 63133, 63134, 63140, 63043, 63044, 63074
- Community Helping Ministries: 314-770-2216
Serves the Pattonville School District as well as all of St. Ann. Limited funds for utility assistance, rent/mortgage assistance. Food pantry on site.
- The Emergency Assistance Ministry (TEAM): 314-831-0879
Food Pantry providing government commodities to agency clients. For existing clients other assistance may be available, such as rent/mortgage assistance, utility assistance, etc. Serves residents of 63031, 63033, 63034, 63042 and those in the incorporated areas of Ferguson - proof required.
- St. Louis Adventist: 314-429-0216
Food Pantry and emergency financial assistance.
- Joint Neighborhood Ministry: 314-771-3987
Serves specific areas of the 63118 & 63104 area codes. Also has a food pantry, clothing closet, and will help you “patch together” funds for housing.
- St. Augustine Church, Father Bob: 314-385-1934
- Feed My People: 314-631-4900
Primarily serves South County. Must be a client of Feed My People to receive Energy Assistance.
Catholic Charities St. Jane Center: 314-383-6539 Serves North County Residents
- Catholic Charities Father Tolton Center: 314-385-3445 Serves residents of 63106, 63107, 63112, 63113, 63115, 63120, 63136, and 63147.
- Charities Midtown Center: 314-534-1180 Serves residents of one of eight St. Louis city neighborhoods-Compton Heights, Forest Park Southeast, Fox Park, The Gate District, McRee Town, Shaw, Southwest Garden and Tiffany.
- St. Vincent DePaul Society:314-531-7837
Will provide caller with local St. Vincent DePaul contacts in their area.
- United Way - Referral Service:
Referral Service for a variety of needs, including energy assistance.
Call 211 from any landline to reach United Way information