Why Community College is a Smart Choice
Community college educators have long known the true value these institutions bring to citizens of this country and around the world.
Since their founding more than 100 years ago, community colleges have provided quality, affordable and accessible educational opportunities to those who can benefit from it. They continue to exceed the changing expectations of the community and steer local economic development through innovative, accessible programs and services.
During this economic downturn, greater expectations have been placed on community colleges by the nation's elected officials to train workers for the jobs of tomorrow, and to retrain those who have been displaced from the workforce for jobs to support their families.
The national media now are helping to spread the news about the advantages of attending community colleges. Following are a list of recent articles that discuss these advantages:
- CNN’s Your Bottom Line blog – “Counting on Community College”
- CNNMoney – “Community College Grads Out-earn Bachelor’s Degree Holders”
- Forbes Online – “Forget Four More Years: Why Community College Could Be Your Ticket to Financial Success"
- Hack College “Six Benefits of Attending a Community College"
- USA Today – “Employment Surges for Community College Grads”
- Lifeinc Online – “In the Math of Education, Two Years Sometimes Is Worth More”
- USA Today - "Rethinking Retirement: Tips for older job searchers"