RESPIRATORY THERAPY PROGRAM
PREREQUISITES / ADMISSIONS
Prior to application, students must meet with an academic advisor to help plan courses, clarify program requirements and review the student's academic history.
- All applicants must be admitted to St. Louis Community College
- All applicants must complete the following courses with a "C" or better and within the past five years before applying for acceptance into the Respiratory Therapy program:
- CHM: 101 Fundamentals of Chemistry I (5 credits)
- BIO:207 Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits)
- MTH:124 Technical Mathematics I or higher (3 credits
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- All applicants must complete a criminal background check and drug screen through a college-approved background screening company prior to the beginning of the fall semester of admission. The student will be responsible for the cost of the background check and drug screen. Students not passing the criminal background check and/or drug screen may be prohibited from participating in clinical education. This will prevent the student from being able to complete all program requirements for graduation.
Applications for the program are accepted on a continuing basis from eligible applicants in Admissions and Registration on the Forest Park campus.
Students being offered fall program admission will be notified by mail by the end of March.
Applicants entering in the fall semester must attend a mandatory orientation session that will be held in June. The specific date, time and location of the orientation will be included in the admissions letter. Following the orientation, students immediately begin the background check, drug screen, health screen, and immunization tracking process.
Eligible applicants not admitted due to space availability will remain on the alternate list and will receive a letter in the fall requesting the student to reply with their intentions to continue to be considered for admission to the program. Failure to respond to this letter by the deadline given will result in removal from the waiting list.