Within this section
Prior to application, it is recommended that students meet with an academic advisor. The advisor can help plan courses, clarify program requirements and review the student's academic history.
- All applicants must be admitted to St. Louis Community College.
- All applicants must complete the following entrance requirements before applying for acceptance into the Radiologic Technology program.
- BIO:111 Introduction to Biology I or two semesters of high school biology with labs
- MTH:030 Elementary Algebra or two semesters of high school algebra
- Math and science cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Math and science courses must be completed within five calendar years of entering the program.
- Must provide documentation of a minimum of 8 hours of job shadowing in a hospital general radiology department. Job shadowing must be completed prior to application to the program.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- All applicants must complete a criminal background check and drug screen through a college-approved background screening company prior to the beginning of the fall semester of admission. The student will be responsible for the cost of the background check and drug screen. Students not passing the criminal background check and/or drug screen may be prohibited from participating in clinical education. This will prevent the student from being able to complete all program requirements for graduation.
Applications for the program are accepted on a continuing basis from eligible applicants in Admissions and Registration on the Forest Park campus.
Students being offered fall program admission will be notified by mail by the second Friday in March.
Applicants entering in the fall semester must attend a mandatory orientation session that will be held in May. The specific date, time and location of the orientation will be included in the admissions letter. Following the orientation, students immediately begin the background check, drug screen and immunization tracking process.
Eligible applicants not admitted due to space availability will remain on the alternate list and will receive a letter in the fall requesting the student to reply with their intentions to continue to be considered for admission to the program. Failure to respond to this letter by the deadline given will result in removal from the waiting list.