- CHM:101 Fundamentals of Chemistry I - 5 hours
- BIO:207 Anatomy & Physiology I - 4 hours
- BIO:208 Anatomy & Physiology II - 4 hours
- Reading Proficiency
- A minimum of 20 hours observation of a practicing Dental Hygienist documented on office letterhead (a minimum of 3 different offices), signed by a Dental Hygienist must be submitted at the time of application.
- 2.8 GPA in the 3 science courses with no grade lower than a "C".
- Cumulative GPA must be at least 2.5.
- Courses must have been completed within 5 years of entering the program.
- Have not enrolled in any of the above 3 courses more than 3 times in a 5 year period.
- All prerequisites must be completed prior to submitting application.
Admission requirements and procedures waiting list:
There is a modified waiting list. Applicants not admitted due to space available must reapply by Oct. 1 to maintain their position for the next entering class.
- Applications for the program are accepted on a continuing basis from eligible applicants.
- Admission status letters will be mailed by the second Friday in March. Eligible applicants not admitted due to space available will remain on the alternate list until classes begin in the fall semester.
- Eligible applicants not admitted to the fall class MUST reapply to the program by Oct.1 to maintain their position for the next entering class.
- Applicant must have current CPR certification (now called Health Care Provider) - required by the first day of class.
Admitting Semester: Fall/Day
Number Admitted: 32
Length of Program: 2 years (upon admission to program)
Note: Curriculum now includes a summer session. Microbiology, English Composition I and Oral Communication I are prerequisites for the fourth semester classes. Computer literacy required as course components require computer and Internet skills. The program may be delivered to distance sites and students in the program participate in classroom instruction using this technology. You will be on campus a good part of every day for classes, clinics and labs.
Successful completion of the program makes you eligible to sit for Board Exams that must be successfully passed for licensure application.
Application for this program is in the admissions office.