Global Path To Success (GPS)
The objective of the accelerated learning experience is to relate what is learned in the classroom directly to one’s professional and personal life.
What is it?
- Students and faculty meet Tuesday evenings
- Earn a degree in General Transfer Studies in 20 months (9 semesters)
- Fast paced; integrated courses
- Focus is on the WHOLE student – academic, social, professional and personal development
- Cultivates sound habits and skills – reading, critical thinking, collaboration, effective writing and oral communication
- Helps students develop a pattern for life long learning
- Maximum learning in the minimum time!
- Interdisciplinary instruction
- Use technology to supplement Tuesday evening class time
- Students are responsible to work on coursework throughout the week
Who should join the GPS Program?
- have a high school diploma or GED
- have successfully completed developmental courses and academically ready to take English (ENG 101)
- are moderately proficient in the use of the internet, have access to computer daily
- are committed to managing their time and resources to successfully participate in required coursework
- recognize that the coursework is interrelated and will approach the learning experience with dedication and determination
- recognize that working within a group of students and faculty is a valuable experience and will lead to individual success