All News Archives
Miller Appointed to Missouri Housing Development Commission
January 09, 2014
Bill Miller, associate vice chancellor for human resources at St. Louis Community College, has been appointed by Gov. Jay Nixon to serve on the Missouri Housing Development Commission.
Miller’s appointment, as well as nine others Nixon has appointed to various state boards and commissions, is subject to confirmation by the Missouri Senate. If approved, Miller’s term will end Oct. 13, 2017.
The Missouri Housing Development Commission works to provide quality, safe, affordable housing for low- and moderate-income citizens of Missouri. Miller formerly was the director of the personnel division for the state of Missouri. He served as the mayor of Berkeley from 1987 to 1994, and was a member of the city council from 1977 to 1987. Miller also served on the St. Louis County Board of Elections.
Other Nixon appointees and their posts include:
- Crime Laboratory Review Commission – Paul F. Williams (Springfield)
- Kansas City Board of Police Commissioners – Michael S. Kilgore (Kansas City)
- Missouri Quality Home Care Council – Nicole L. Loethen (Jefferson City)
- Missouri Southern State University Board of Governors – Tracy Flanigan (Carthage)
- Public Defender Commission – Harry Riley Bock (New Madrid) and Alan Wells (Farmington)
- Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority – Joseph J. Hunt (St. Louis)
- St. Louis County Board of Election Commissioners – John P. King (St. Louis) and John W. Maupin (Creve Coeur).