All News Archives
Forest Park Hosts Job Fair Oct. 24
October 23, 2012
St. Louis Community College at Forest Park is hosting a Fall Job Fair on Wednesday, Oct. 24, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Cafeteria. Students, alumni, and the community are invited and admission is free.
Professional attire is recommended. Various employers will be on campus to recruit for full-time, part-time, and internship positions. This event usually attracts about 500 attendees.
The event is sponsored by Career and Employment Services, Campus Life, and Community Relations.
Job seekers are encouraged to come prepared for the event. The following are some tips for job fair success:
- Review the packet given to you at the Job Fair registration table. The information will help you target organizations that interest you.
- Refresh your resume and bring copies. Although, some employers may refer you to their online application.
- Come prepared to speak and discuss skill sets with employers.
Wear professional business attire.
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times.
- Respect the privacy of others while waiting to see an employer.
- Have a firm hand shake, a smile and be sure to get the recruiters business card.
For more information call 314-644-9225, or stop by the Career and Employment Services office located in Rooms F330 and F342.