All News Archives
STLCC Foundation Accepts Funds to Establish Nursing Scholarship for Students of Arab Heritage
September 20, 2012
The St. Louis Community College Foundation recently accepted a contribution to establish a nursing scholarship for students of Arab heritage.
The fund was established by the St. Louis chapter of the National Arab American Medical Association to assist students in pursuing an associate degree in nursing at St. Louis Community College.
To be considered for the scholarship, individuals must:
- Complete a scholarship application.
- Be enrolled at STLCC and registered with the college’s Access office.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the college’s Financial Aid office, demonstrate unmet financial need under the standard federal needs analysis formula, and may also be Pell grant or A+ eligible.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 and be in good standing.
- Be pursuing an associate degree in the nursing program and have completed the second semester of the program.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a nursing faculty member and a written essay of up to 500 words on how the student’s Arab heritage enables him/her to be an effective health care professional, particularly in assisting others of Arab descent.
The student’s ability to communicate in Arabic also is preferred.
Students must complete a scholarship application and submit other materials as required by the Financial Aid office immediately. Applications are available in the Financial Aid offices on campus and on the St. Louis Community College Foundation website.