All News Archives
MCCA Recognizes STLCC Trustee, Faculty, Alumnus, Supporters
October 01, 2008
A St. Louis Community College faculty member, an alumnus, board members and other supporters will be recognized for their professional achievements by the Missouri Community College Association at the annual MCCA Convention Nov. 5-7 in Lake Ozark, Mo.
Honorees this year include:
- Joann Ordinachev, Ph.D., STLCC Board of Trustees, Glynn E. Clark Award
- Bob Weil, assistant professor/automotive technology at STLCC-Forest Park, Global Educator Award
- Cornell “Nelly” Haynes Jr., Distinguished Alumni Award
- Debra Hollingsworth/AT&T-Missouri, Distinguished Business/Industry Award
- Julia Muller, STLCC Foundation Board of Directors, Award of Distinction
- Kelly Gillespie, executive director, Missouri Biotechnology Association, Award of Distinction
STLCC officials nominated Weil, Nelly, Hollingsworth, Muller and Gillespie for their respective awards.
The Missouri Community College Association was organized formally in 1963 as the Missouri Association of Community and Junior Colleges. It promotes the best possible conditions for professional service, encourages professional growth, works toward articulation with other levels of education, and identifies the needs and challenges of Missouri’s public community colleges.