All News Archives
Applications Sought for Grainger Scholarship
May 13, 2008
Full-time, second-year students enrolled in an associate degree or certification in a technical education program at St. Louis Community College are eligible to apply for a scholarship through W.W. Grainger Inc. and the STLCC Foundation.
The Grainger Tools for Tomorrow Scholarship program is designed to help students in technical education who have demonstrated drive, commitment and leadership realize their educational goals. The program awards outstanding students at institutions across the country with a scholarship for their second year of college and a specialized tool package upon successful completion of the program.
One $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to a STLCC student for maintenance (tuition) fees, books, supplies and equipment required for courses. The application deadline is May 30.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be entering second-year status during the year the scholarship is to be provided.
- Provide one letter of recommendation from an instructor or adviser.
Provide a list of organizations, activities and leadership roles held and years involved.
- Provide a list of accomplishments and leadership roles relating to their field of study.
- Write an essay of no more than 300 words on why the applicant chose the career field, how achievements and/or leadership roles have spurred individual growth, and future goals within the technical field.
- Provide proof of a grade-point average above 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
W.W. Grainger Inc. is a leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions in Canada, China, Mexico and the United States.
For more information or an application, contact the STLCC Foundation at 314-539-5236.