Borrowing From Other Libraries
Go directly to Request Form.
Use Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan services to get books, articles, and other materials unavailable at your campus library. (Note: We reserve the right to limit the number of requests accepted from an individual.)
Do you need a journal article?
- Check our Journal Locator to see if the journal is available in print or electronic form at St. Louis Community College.
- If the article is only available at another campus library, or if it is not available at St. Louis Community College Libraries, click here to request the item.
Do you need a book?
- Check our library's catalog to see if St. Louis Community College owns the title. If the book you want is checked out, or only available at another campus, you may request it through the catalog. (How to request from the catalog.)
- If the title is not available through the catalog, check MOBIUS before making the Interlibrary Loan request. You can request items directly from MOBIUS and have them delivered to your campus library.
- If the title is checked out or unavailable through the catalog or MOBIUS, use the Interlibrary Loan request form.
How do Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan differ?
- Document Delivery is for material owned by and available from a St. Louis Community College library other than your campus library.
- Interlibrary Loan is for material not owned by or available through St. Louis Community College Libraries or MOBIUS. Videos, DVDs and other audiovisual materials are not available via Interlibrary Loan. Interlibrary Loan is not to be used for textbooks and recreational reading. Most libraries will not lend reference books or materials in special collections.
More Info About Interlibrary Loan
Who is eligible?
What materials can I request?
What should I do before submitting a request?
How and where do I pick up my requested items?
How long will it take?
What does Interlibrary Loan cost?
How does Interlibrary Loan work?
Only current St. Louis Community College faculty, students and staff are eligible to request materials on Interlibrary Loan.
Books, articles, and microfilm not available in the campus libraries or via MOBIUS can be requested. Videos, DVDs and other audiovisual materials are not available via Interlibrary Loan. Interlibrary Loan is not to be used for textbooks and recreational reading. Most libraries will not lend reference books or materials in special collections.
You will be notified via St. Louis Community College e-mail when items you have requested have arrived, or if we are unable to fill your request. Pick up and return Interlibrary Loan materials at your campus library circulation desk.
Most Interlibrary Loans take between 7 to 14 days to receive. Less than 7 days is unusual except for some emailed or faxed photocopied articles.
Some libraries assess a charge for providing books and photocopies through Interlibrary Loan. At present, St. Louis Community College does not pass these charges on to you. However, we do ask that you exercise judgment with regard to the number of items requested. All fees for lost or damaged Interlibrary Loan materials are the responsibility of the borrower.
The Interlibrary Loan service supplements the holdings of St. Louis Community College Libraries and the state-wide MOBIUS libraries by obtaining materials from other libraries or commercial services to fill class-related research needs. Conditions for interlibrary loans are set by the National Interlibrary Loan Code of the American Library Association and by individual libraries. It is the prerogative of the lending library to set the loan period, refuse to lend materials, withhold permission to photocopy, and/or restrict materials to library use. As the borrowing library, we must adhere to all rules and restrictions of the lending library.