Within this section
1. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED. We collect a limited amount of personal information from you in certain areas of the STLCC website (the "Site") for various reasons. The following is a description of what information is collected:
IP Addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. As part of the protocol of the Internet, web servers can identify your computer by its IP address. In addition, web servers may be able to identify the type of browser and/or type of computer you are using. STLCC collects IP addresses and related information for the purposes of system administration, to assess the traffic to the Site and to maintain and improve the Site. We do not link IP addresses to your personally identifiable information. We can and will use IP addresses, however, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Website Terms and Conditions or to protect our service, the Site, customers or others.
2. WHO IS COLLECTING THIS INFORMATION. STLCC collects the information described above via the Site. In the case of third party features such as advertising, co-branded areas or links to other websites, such third parties may also collect information. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personally identifiable information. STLCC is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
3. HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED. In General, STLCC uses information to learn more about how visitors use the Site and to measure areas of interest. This allows STLCC to build features and functionality that will enhance your Site experience. We also may use the information to filter out those who do not comply with the Website Terms and Conditions. If you so choose, information might also be used to send you information about new features and services on the Site or offered by STLCC, or to send you information from selected third party product or service providers. We might also use this information to respond to e-mails, provide customer support, enforce our Website Terms and Conditions or other similar matters. Aggregate information is also used to help us run and maintain the Site, study traffic patterns and generally learn about the usage of the Site.
Unrelated Companies. STLCC occasionally shares limited customer information with companies we hire to provide operational, marketing, or advertising support, companies that help us distribute our products and services, or companies that provide products and services we want to offer. The companies we choose must satisfy our security and privacy requirements. We share your information with these companies only if they agree to treat it confidentially and only if it is legally permissible to do so. We limit the information we provide these companies to what we reasonably believe they need to know in connection with their agreement with STLCC and we don’t permit them to use our customer information for any purposes outside our oversight or control.
Government Authorities and Litigation. Sometimes a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide information to a government authority or party to a private lawsuit. We will provide the information that we in good faith believe is required to comply with the law, order, or other process. We may also have to disclose certain information in court documents if we have to bring an action against you, for example, to collect a debt you owe us.
4. CHOICES IN THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION. At the time of accessing, you may be given a choice whether you want to receive information about new features, events, offers and special coverage on the Site and about special offers from STLCC’s partners. When you register, you must click in a box if you do not want to receive either type of information. Unless you affirmatively choose not to receive these materials, your registration information may be used to send you this information.
It is important to know that you may inadvertently provide personally identifiable information to third parties through your posting to a forum or participation in a chat session and we have no way to limit their use of the information you may provide. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online (for example, in forums, message boards or chat sessions) that information can be collected and used by people you don’t know. While we strive to protect our user’s personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you voluntarily disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
5. WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED. Except for your choices described above, we will not knowingly disclose or authorize the disclosure of personal identifiable information (other than aggregate statistical information) to any third party without your consent unless (1) we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may have breached our Website Terms and Conditions or who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) STLCC’s rights or property, other Site users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities or (2) we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
6. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 YEARS. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), STLCC will not knowingly collect or accept personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 without a parent’s or guardian’s prior consent. STLCC will also allow the parent or guardian of a user under the age of 13 to review, update, change, delete or refuse to permit further collection of any and all information collected by the Site. A child’s personally identifiable information will be treated with the same care and respect as an adult’s information. To change, update, review, delete or refuse to permit further collection of your child’s information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, call STLCC at (314) 539-5044, or send a letter via postal mail to: STLCC, 300 S. Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63102, ATTN: Children’s Privacy Information.
8. HOW YOU MAY CHANGE, CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION. If you want to change, correct, update or delete your information, please contact STLCC via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, call STLCC at (314) 539-5044, or send your request to STLCC, 300 S. Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63102, ATTN: Security Coordinator, and the necessary revisions will be made. This provision applies only to information collected via the Site.
9. SECURITY PROCEDURES WE USE. We are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and take great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to use.
Once we receive your information, we take appropriate steps that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your data on our system, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological and policy methods to protect this data. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Please be aware that STLCC will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail.