Within this section
Microsoft IT Academy
The Microsoft IT Academy Program is a global learning solution that empowers academic institutions to help students reach their academic and career potential through high-quality training programs for Microsoft technologies.
A Microsoft IT Academy
- Offers a world-class Microsoft curriculum to educate students on critical IT skills
- Provides online learning resources for anytime, anywhere learning
- Creates lifelong learning resources for continuing education and for extending the Microsoft engagement with learners as they progress in their careers
- Links academic learning to real-world job skills to help students graduate with IT skills they need to succeed on the job
- Creates a skilled workforce for employers so that talented and able professionals who are educated and trained in Microsoft technology are available in the workforce
- Connects students and teachers to Microsoft so they continue to engage with us throughout their professional development
The Microsoft IT Academy Program is a global IT learning solution that connects educators, students, and community. From the earliest IT instruction in classroom environments to ongoing resources for supporting professional careers, the program is designed to be a model for continuous learning and is based on a three-point strategy:
- IT Instruction focuses on providing a world-class Microsoft training curriculum supported by a wealth of online resources and an immersive teaching and learning experience for both educators and students
- IT Validation assesses and certifies performance at many levels, and provides more affordable certification. Full certification provides competency benchmarks that validate students’ skills to prospective employers
- IT Immersion surrounds students with real-world challenges, experiences, and insight to help them prepare for and enter the workforce thus meeting the needs of employers and the professional IT community
The Microsoft IT Academy Online Learning Program is a powerful Web-based resource for students that complements and extends our classroom instruction with online courseware, reference materials and group collaboration. This resource is available to students taking any of our IT Academy courses.
Over 300 e-learning courses are available, many of which will lead toward information technology industry certifications. There are over 250 collections of e-learning courses, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office courses, Windows Server courses, Windows desktop operating system courses, SQL Server courses, SharePoint Server and Services, .NET, Visual Studio, and desktop support courses.
If your instructor has provided you an access code, a job aid is available on how to access Microsoft IT Academy online learning.
The goal of Digital Literacy is to teach and assess basic computer concepts and skills so that people can use computer technology in everyday life to develop new social and economic opportunities for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Whether you are entirely new to computing or have some experience, this curriculum will help you develop a fundamental understanding of computers. From using the Internet, to sending e-mail, to creating a résumé, the Digital Literacy Curriculum helps you develop the essential skills you need to begin computing with confidence.
This resource is available free and does not require any login code.
Link to Digital Literacy Series