Pharmacy Technician 300 Training
Call 314-984-7777 to register today
This hybrid/flip instructor-led noncredit training course prepares the student for entry level employment as a pharmacy technician. The course provides classroom and online instruction and externship experience. The externship experience follows the classroom experience. Students will learn about the top medications dispensed in the United States and be introduced to the basic concepts of pharmacy calculations for proper medication dispensing. View our Pharmacy Technician Fact Sheet.
Clinical and Field Work
Some degree and certificate programs offered by the college require students to obtain clinical or other field experience as part of their course work. Students with criminal convictions or drug use may have difficulty progressing in these programs. Hospitals and facilities may mandate that a criminal background check and/or drug screening check (at the student’s expense) may be conducted prior to placement in a clinical or field setting. Students not passing these checks may be prohibited from participating in the clinical or field experience thus rendering the student ineligible to satisfactorily meet the course/program requirements.
Prerequisites required at time of registration
- Student must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or a High School Equivalency Certificate.
- Achieves a minimum score of 8.9 on both Vocabulary and Comprehension tests and a minimum score of 7.0 Mathematics Concepts and Application on the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Family Care Safety Registry-Worker Registration letter. The letter cannot be older than 6 months. You must bring the letter from DHSS not proof of payment.
Register online at http://www.dhss.mo.gov/
Requirements completed by first week of class
- American Databank criminal background check and 9 panel drug screen.
- Physical exam/immunizations/Two-step PPD/Hepatitis B immunization series or signed waiver.
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
Expenses the Pharmacy Technician student will incur but not limited to:
- Fee is $2,400.
- TABE Test is $11. Retest is an additional $11.
- Family Care Safety Registry is $13.25.
- American Databank criminal background check cost is variable.
- 9Panel Drug Screen is $36.
- Physical Exam/immunizations/Two-step PPD/Hepatitis B Immunization series cost is variable.
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR certification is $69 (cost at St. Louis Community College).
- Classroom supplies
How to Register
Register in person only at the Forest Park campus, G Tower 322-324.
Bring ALL prerequisites are required at time of registration.
Payment is due at time of registration.
Section available for students using payment plan through MK Education. Student must have approval of MK Education to register. Contact MK Education at 630-929-8602 for details.
Withdrawals and Refunds
Requests for withdrawal must be submitted in writing at the Forest Park campus, G Tower-322-324.
The refund/withdrawal deadline for this Health Occupation program can be found in the current course schedule.
Information is subject to change