Within this section
- Calendars and Deadlines
- Selective Admissions
- Compass Placement Test
- Accessibility Information
- Academic Programs
- Payment Options
- Withdrawal and Refunds
- Get Connected
- Student E-mail
- Distance Learning
- Study Abroad
- General Information
Dual Enrollment and Dual Credit
If you are a high school student looking to jump start your college career, St. Louis Community College has two options for you. Dual Enrollment and Dual Credit options allow you to take classes for college credit while you are still in high school. Both options offer a great way to get a head start on your college education.
Great Opportunities/ Great Benefits
- Earn transferable college credit from an accredited institution
- Reduce the number of college classes you'll have to take after high school graduation
- Utilize college resources and services, including the library. computer and academic labs, and tutoring services
- Participate in college campus activities
- Gain access to campus facilities
- Save money - earn college credit at STLCC for a lot less than at a four-year university or technical college
Here's how they work ...
High school juniors and seniors take courses at a St. Louis Community College campus that supplement or are more advanced than their high school's curriculum. Dual Enrollment students must have a 2.0 or better cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale, obtain written permission from a high school administrator and a parent or guardian, and meet with a college admissions representative.
We offer a special Dual Enrollment Orientation session to introduce you to a variety of resources and learn what you need to know to start off your collegiate experience on the right foot. We'll explain how college classes are different than high school classes, make sure you know how to access online resources that your instructors may use and help you get your student ID, parking pass and books.
|Date and Time||Location||Link to Sign Up|
|Jan. 8, 6:30 p.m.||Wildwood||Sign Up|
|Jan. 15, 5:30||Meramec||Sign Up|
Students can receive college credit for specific classes taken at high schools for which the school and STLCC have an approved Dual Credit agreement. Students who enroll for Dual Credit must be in their junior or senior year of high school**, have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale and meet the college's requirements for entry into the course. They must also obtain written permission from a high school administrator and a parent or guardian. Dual Credit students pay approximately one-half of the maintenance fee (tuition) per credit hour, the student activity fee and other mandatory course fees and receive both high school and college credit.
**Freshmen and sophomores may be considered, under special circumstances, for dual credit classes.
Our award-winning faculty offer a range of classes that fulfill students' high school requirements and count toward their university program credits.
To Apply for Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit:
- You must have completed your sophomore year of high school
- You must have a high school GPA of
- "C" or higher for Dual Enrollment and
- "B" or higher for Dual Credit
- Complete the application
- Take the COMPASS assessment
- Testing is waived for students with:
- Math: ACT score of 23 or above, SAT score of 580 and above
- Reading-writing: ACT reading and writing score of 18-composite, SAT critical reading of 500 or above
- Submit a copy of your high school transcript
For more information, call:
Florissant Valley -- 314-513-4482
Forest Park -- 314-644-9125
Meramec -- 314-984-7601
South County Education & University Center -- 314-984-7200
Wildwood -- 636-422-2000