Tuition and Fees
Maintenance fees (tuition) are listed below. You can pay for classes online, by mail or in person.
Amounts include an activity fee ($6) and technology fee ($10). Fees are not optional.
Spring 2017, Summer 2017, and fall 2018
|Spring 2017||Summer 2017|
|District residents*||$106 per credit hour||$106 per credit hour|
|Other Missouri residents**||$156.50 per credit hour||$156.50 per credit hour|
|Out-of-state residents||$208 per credit hour||$208 per credit hour|
|International students||$218 per credit hour||$218 per credit hour|
Special Senior Citizen Rates
Amounts include activity fee and technology fee. Fees are not optional.
60 years of age or older
|Generally seniors get a 50% discount plus any additional course fees.|
65 years of age or older
registering for audit status
on the last day BEFORE
an open course begins
|$15 plus any additional course fees|
Additional Course Fees
There are additional fees applied to some courses. These fees will be detailed in the individual course descriptions either online in the interactive class schedule. These fees are not covered by any of the senior citizen special rate programs.
Additional fee of $25 will be assessed for a returned check.
The St. Louis Community College district includes the City of St. Louis,
St. Louis County and portions of Franklin and Jefferson counties which are part of the Meramec Valley R-3 and Rockwood R-6 school districts.
A resident student shall be defined as follows:
- An unemancipated student who has not attained the age of 21 and is under the care, custody or support of the individual(s) having legal custody of the student and who lives in the district.
- An emancipated minor student who has not attained the age of 21 and who is not under the care, custody and support of an individual(s) having legal custody, but who lives in the district.
- An adult student who has established residence within the St. Louis Community College district. Maintenance fees for students residing in this country on permanent resident visas will be assessed according to the fee rates listed above.
Proof of residency must be in the form of:
- Personal or real property tax receipt
- Lease (one-year duration) bearing name of student, parent, or legal guardian as the lease holder (not tenant)
- Copy of Federal 1040 tax return
- Driver's license
All questions regarding residency may be referred to the Enrollment Services office at the campus of your choice.
In addition to Missouri residents outside of St. Louis Community College’s district, some Midwest residents qualify for in-state tuition.
STLCC has partnered with the Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP) to offer in-state tuition for Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Wisconsin residents.
Missouri Income Tax Credit
If you are an out of state student who works, or whose parents work in Missouri and pay Missouri income tax, you may be eligible for the Missouri Income Tax Credit. All or a portion of the Missouri income tax paid may be used as a credit against the difference between in-state and out-of-state maintenance fees.
This application must be submitted to the Enrollment Services office before the first day of classes of the semester for which you are applying for the credit.
For detailed information about this credit, visit our page on credit for Missouri Income Tax Maintenance Fee Credit for Out-of State Students.