Your transition to St. Louis Community College begins with Archer Orientation (formerly New Student Orientation) and will continue throughout your first year. Archer Orientation is an opportunity for you to visit campus, talk with STLCC staff, and learn about the offices that will aid you in your educational journey. Students who attend Archer Orientation often have higher first semester GPAs and a deeper connection to St. Louis Community College.
Each Archer Orientation is designed to assist incoming students with their transition to the STLCC by providing opportunities for engagement and education.
Archer Orientation includes:
- Success tips from faculty, staff, and current students
- Classroom expectations for the first week and beyond
- Help with navigating the campus and locating your classrooms
- How to utilize campus resources and services
- Information about STLCC student email, Banner Self-Service, and Blackboard systems
- The chance to get your STLCC OneCard (student ID card) and parking pass
Archer Orientation is hosted on all STLCC campuses. Sessions are offered at varying times to accommodate busy schedules. During Archer Orientation, you will meet other students, faculty members, and staff from STLCC. You can take a campus tour, get your books and STLCC items from the Bookstore, and learn about key ways to set yourself us for success at STLCC.
FOCUSED Archer ORIENTATION SESSIONS
Our Meramec campus also offers specific sessions that provide additional support for adult learners and non-traditional students, veterans and active military, international students, and dual enrollment students.
- Visit our Interative Class Schedule and select "New Student Orientation FALL" for the term.
- Select your preferred location (specialty orientations are only offered on our Meramec campus but are available to students who attend any STLCC campus).
- Select NSSO in the Subject and Course Number fields
- Click display classes, then sign up for the orientation that works best for you.
- Make a note of the CRN# as you will need it to register. Then register for the NSO session in Banner Self-Service. Check the "Register Online" page for detailed instructions.
St. Louis Community College is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. We can also help if English is not your first language. If you have accommodation needs, please contact a campus life representative listed below. Make sure to contact the representative associated with the campus you'll be visiting for Archer Orientation within two working days of your scheduled orientation with any accommodation needs.
CONTACT CAMPUS LIFE
Contact one of the following or visit our FAQs page
|Florissant Valley||Forest Park||Meramec||Wildwood|
|Dwayne Morgan||Donivan Foster||Phillip Campbell||Stephanie Graham|
|Kathy Pritchard||Amber Howlett|
- Florissant Valley orientation is held in the Social Science Building. Park in Lot 3, 4, 6, or 7. Florissant Valley campus map.
- Forest Park orientation is held in the Theatre. Park in Lot C. Forest Park campus map.
- Meramec orientation is held in the Theatre. Park in Lot F, I, J, or K. Meramec campus map.
- Wildwood orientation is held in the Multipurpose Room. Park in any lot. Wildwood campus map.