Text Only Skip to content
Skip header navigation.
Skip sub-section linksSTLCC Home » Enroll Now » Enroll Now » Veterans Services » Other GI Bill Programs

Within this section

Other GI Bill Programs

Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)

The MGIB program provides up to 36 months of education benefits. Generally, benefits are payable for 10 years following your release from active duty.

Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)

The MGIB-SR program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.

Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) (Chapter 1607)

REAP was established as a part of the Ronald W. Reagan National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2005. It is a Department of Defense education benefit program designed to provide educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency (contingency operation) as declared by the President or Congress. This program makes certain reservists who were activated for at least 90 days after Sept. 11, 2001, either eligible for education benefits or eligible for increased benefits

Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)

The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program is authorized by Congress under Title 38, Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 31. It is sometimes referred to as the Chapter 31 program. The VetSuccess program assists veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find and keep suitable jobs.

Survivors and Dependents Benefits

Assistance (Chapter 35)

Dependents' Educational Assistance provides education and training opportunities to eligible spouse and dependents of certain veterans. The program offers up to 45 months of education benefits.

MyCAA Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides up to $4,000 (over two years) of financial assistance for military spouses who are pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials leading to employment in portable career fields.

MyCAA Eligibility
Spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2 as well as the spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members within those ranks are eligible. Spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders.
Note: The MyCAA program does not include Coast Guard spouses.

MyCAA financial assistance pays tuition for education and training courses, and licensing/ credentialing fees. This includes state certifications for teachers, medical professionals and other occupations requiring recognized certifications; licensing exams and related prep courses; continuing education unit (CEU) classes including those offered through professional associations; and degree programs leading to employment in portable career fields. MyCAA also pays for high school completion courses, GED tests and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes.

More Details:

  • MyCAA does not pay for education and training programs that include computers (CPUs or laptops); application, graduation or membership fees; student activity cards; child care; parking; transportation; or medical services.
  • If a spouse enrolls in a course without an approved MyCAA financial assistance document, the spouse will be responsible for paying course costs.
  • MyCAA does not provide reimbursements of any kind to spouses for any reason.
  • MyCAA financial assistance payments are made directly to schools using MyCAA’s electronic invoicing system. English as a Second Language (ESL) classes and GED classes and testing programs.
  • Unfortunately, Coast Guard spouses are not covered by the MyCAA spouse employment congressional mandate: PL 110-417 Sec 582. Coast Guard is a part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), not the Department of Defense.

The MyCAA Application Process
Eligible spouses can establish a MyCAA Account by visiting MyCAA. MyCAA will verify spouse DEERS benefit eligibility. Eligible spouses will be allowed to create their career and training plan, and request financial assistance when they are within 30 days of course start dates. Additionally, spouses are responsible for applying to their selected school or program and enrolling in each course included in their approved MyCAA career and training plan.

Tillman Military Scholars

Who is eligible to apply to become a Tillman Military Scholar?

  • Veteran and active duty military service members
    • Of both pre- and post-9/11 service
    • From all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, including service in the National Guard and Reserve
  • Spouses of active or veteran service members
    • Including surviving spouses
  • Service member or spouse seeking assistance to pursue an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree as a full-time student at a public or private, four-year U.S.-based accredited institution

Helpful Resources:

Tuition Assistance:
Missouri Veterans Commission  
Missouri National Guard   
Request Military Records  

Military Transcripts:
Army (AART)    
Sailor/Marine (SMART)