St. Louis Community College recognizes the dignity and worth of all human beings and believes that postsecondary education should be available to all who can benefit from it. The College further believes that education should be a rewarding experience offered in an environment that fosters the growth and well-being of all members of the community it serves.
The mission of the College is manifested through a variety of programs and services which include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Lower division preparation for college/university transfer, up through the associate degree;
- Occupational entry preparation at both the vocational and paraprofessional/technical level, up through the associate degree;
- Occupational upgrading and retraining in credit and noncredit courses and certificate programs;
- Counseling and other student support services, particularly personal, academic and career advisement, as well as job placement;
- Limited programs for special student groups, such as disabled, limited English speaking, talented and gifted persons;
- Basic skill development and remediation for those who can be prepared for collegiate credit courses within a reasonable period of time;
- General education courses and course sequences as an integral part of all degree programs;
- Continuing education courses for academic/social/cultural/
recreational and personal enrichment;
- Educational and collaborative partnerships with business, industry, labor, government and other institutions including secondary schools and other colleges/universities.
St. Louis Community College expands minds and changes lives every day. We create accessible, dynamic learning environments focused on the needs of our diverse communities.