Within this section
President Marcia Pfeiffer
American College and University Presidents' Climate Commitment
St Louis Community College is proud to have 2 of 4 presidents sign the Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC). Marcia Pfeiffer at the Florissant Valley Campus and former president Paul Pai from the Meramec Campus, signed in 2008 and 2009. Former interim president, Zerrie Campbell, supported her Green Team completing the greenhouse gas inventory; and current Meramec president, George Wasson, has agreed to continue the commitment as his Green Team completes their Climate Action Plan. Our presidents are leading by example to eliminate global warming emissions, raise awareness for students and graduates, and help their campuses and the St. Louis Community College district work toward climate neutrality.
The college has committed to assisting the city and county of St. Louis as they continue to update their Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Inventories. A general education GHG class has been created and linked with a continuing education course. Those students, corporate and government leaders interested in sustainability, as well as anyone interested in building skills for a green career will find this class of value.
- Florissant Valley measured 22,856 MtCO2; Meramec measured 19,919 MtCO2.
- To read Florissant Valley's Climate Action Plan (CAP) submitted to ACUPCC in May, 2011, view the FV CAP.
- To reaad Meramec's Climate Action Plan (CAP) submitted to ACUPCC in January, 2012, view the MC CAP.
- To help reduce carbon while traveling, Peggy Moody, District Sustainability Coordinator, created a link to explore purchasing carbon offsets.
- The ACUPCC website, offers Florissant Valley's and Meramec's reporting.